Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Are days short or long ???


This post is about something that struck my mind when I was in the bank to get a Demand Draft( thought of the day!). Why this one hour in the bank was so dull and humdrum. Each second in the clock was so slow that I stared at the clock until the teller called to collect the details. Again had to wait for the Demand Draft in a long queue. The time which I was in bank was so tedious. I wonder why certain moments in life moves very slow and dragging, slow and steady, medium speed, fast and furious, super fast like jet. It's the same time span we spend, but where does this difference occur??? (Don't wait for the answer in this article !! even I don't know!). I wish I had a machine which is equipped to control the time (hmm! under 18 is controlled by their parents). And I call the machine as ' KAALA YAANAM ', controls in the machine would NEVER MOVE, MOVE WITH LIMITED SPEED, MOVE WITH JET SPEED. I have experienced some moments in life which passed by so quickly that I couldn't even enjoy completely, but some stay 'still' even if I don't want them. Now I recollect the dull moment when I stood before my mom to get the signature in my progress report, the time would just stand still until she's done with her scoldings. When we go out for a picnic in our school days the day would just fly by. Even our summer vacations which we think is two months long would roll by like a second and the next thing you know, you'd be wearing the boring churidhar with a fully loaded bag trying hard to break my back. In college its was reverse - the moments in college were very short and the holidays were long and boring. The night before the university exams were the shortest. When we attend our very first interview, the moment before we step into the cabin, time would literally crawl and it'd be so silent that we can even hear our own heartbeat (For that matter even my college viva-voce was like that !! LOL!!). The days in the company while in training was fun and quick but the days with overloaded work is long and tired (That's why we call the training period as ' HONEYMOON TIME'). The time when we fall in love with our heart-throb is very short and busy. The days just turn into seconds and blooming period would be like few minutes (until we face the reality , which are again long days in our lives). Especially, when we are waiting for a phone call from them or planning for a date, the time moves so pathetically slow until we reach the actual time and in a jiffy the moment would zoom into the past.

When a women is giving birth to a kid, the day is too long for her parents and husband. Eagerly waiting for everything to happen well. When they bring up the kid, its the shortest that the parents would experience, running around the daily activities of the kid, feeding, putting him to sleep, monthly check ups (OMG!!).

As I started this post with a wish that I need a machine to control the time for any moment in life. I would use it to the maximum in my day to day life. My sleep time will be set to least speed, my fights with Chiky which I'm gonna lose will be the maximum one. I hope you had the longest time of the day reading this fiction post ( imaginary time-machine called 'KAALA YAANAM' ). I gladly end this post with a beautiful quote which I came across by Henry Van Dyke - a short story writer "Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” (This is what I was trying to explain in the entire article !!DUH )

2 comments:

  1. This is the last post of this month ... wow new Archive from tommorrow. We did it Raji, We will do it, We will keep on doing it ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you too Sow - 10 posts....awesome!!!

    Well... Albert Einstein would call this as Theory of Relativity - "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."

    well I too wish that time flies by, certain times in life are too painful to go through and certain times you are so absorbed by what happens around you that you fail to see the end coming...

    good one... our blogging is keeping us busy till the end of the day, which makes the time fly away!!

    ReplyDelete