Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Evening..the Night and the Morning that I do not want to forget!! (Post 1)

Yesterday, 23rd June was just one of those days where I was planning to just sit at home, have a good meal and  write some blog and sleep off on a good note. I did not want to go out and walk or shop or do anything. Just be at home. (Also, from the 21  Suryanamaskars on the previous evening, my legs were slightly in pain and I did not want to stress myself more!!)

But it all started in the morning, the colleagues were discussing about phones and I happened to hear about the new HTC Aria, released just recently, may be last week. Its stylish, sleek and looks like IPhone but isn't one (very important for me), and the best part is it is GOOGLE Android. I am going to talk about this phone more in coming days but I wanted to see that phone so much that I decided to visit the shop and look at that. Since, I wanted to be at home I decided to go in the lunch break and see it. But, at 11 00 AM, all the colleagues decided to go to Chinese for a farewell lunch and I HAD to postpone my program to evening. I thought - nevertheless... it ll take only 30 40 mins and I ll be back home. So, the clock stuck 5 00 PM and I started back home. 

On the way, the traffic was one of those terrible evenings, 3 trucks collided and the police was all over blocking all the roads, with a single line of traffic for over 5 miles. An environmental friendly person that I am, I hate switching on AC in the car when I am alone, fresh air is much better in all the cases. So, the windows rolled down and Rahman' music was playing aloud out.. The point is no one can hear that because they all have windows up!!. I did not really mind the slow traffic because the wireless shop was right next to my house, a distance of 3 4 minutes and so, rightfully, by 6 00 PM, I would be at home. The sun was hitting right on the face, making it all oily..hot winds were exhausting... it was only "Ale Ale" from "Boys" and HTC Aria which kept me going.. After 25 minutes, I reached to the store..only to wait in queue to speak to the sales agent for 15 minutes more. For the kind information of all the Indians reading it, it takes me only 8 minutes without traffic to reach home, so 25 was a lot...Anyways, the point was HTC Aria was awesome, and I am going to get that baby pretty soon...therefore, more updates about that when I ll buy it. But the 15 minutes wait which I did in the store proved disastrous...

My eyes fell on my image in adjoining mirror and I looked terrible (even to my standards)..there was uneven facial hair all over my face. my hair was looking terrible... and oil was oozing out of my face. Not my regular day, by any means!! So, instantly I felt an urge to go to the saloon a few blocks away to the store to make myself presentable. After finishing business at the wireless store, I went to the saloon and got my face cleared of the mess and got a hair cut. Now it was not that I went to the saloon with closed eyes and came out eyes shut. The time span to get to the business is always dangerous. My eyes fell on the beauty products and hair products they were selling and with the compulsive shopper's disorder that I suffer from, I went ahead and purchased some hair clips, avocado and grapefruit masque and brown eye pencil (because black color simply doesn't suit my eyes and these people had the perfect shade I had been looking for). I did everything that I did not want to do for that evening. I walked, I shopped!!

2 comments:

  1. U walked , U shopped !!! Sooooooo Raji is ready with all new glitters from today ! Raji u are not the only one with that disorder , 90% of the women are like that :-) .Anyways I am so very happy about the Suryanamaskars that yo doing ( awesome gal). Now I am thinking of my next post , u gave me a hint . Wait for my next post about the Yoga class ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well... I am in the top list of that 90% also.. simply cannot stop shopping!!

    ReplyDelete