Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"6 of us"

I have no clue as in what to write here at this time. Like you said Sowshee, it is "intended" to keep in touch with friends more personally than Facebook and other sites and at the same time, keeping the thoughts alive in minds for a very long time. This could be the second and the last post or second post off many!! It would be good to see others also taking part in it, but I doubt.....

Since there is nothing in my mind to talk about right now (it is 10 30 in the night and I don't know why I started this post), I thought let me describe the picture which Sowshee has pasted in the previous post. That picture, with "6 of us" is a special one, since after that "6 of us" never met, sometimes, I was missing, sometimes 2 or 3 of us were missing, thereby making the picture a special one. From left to right - DP, UP, VP, RL and SDs - aka - Sowshee, Udaya Priya, Vinu, Raji, Sudi (top) and Sowmya  (bottom). Other than Sowmya and Sudeepta, no one is in the same place, after a few days, I can say, Vinu and I are in the same country (and same time zone too!!! - very imp in US). This picture was taken in our third year, 6th semester, and we were all (other than UP) leaving hostel to become free birds - which meant that we could have suppers outside, watch movies on Sundays, talk on cell phones anytime after the college gets over and go for shopping any evening. This is not so special for many hostelers but after staying in SJCE ladies hostel, all this was very rare and we looked forward for this so much..

In the bottom of the heart, it feels special that we did not go out always, which left "6 of us" with nothing but become close to each other, in fact so close that we could not see others coming in to our lives!! We lost the value of friends and took all for granted, egos clashed and we simply wanted to erase all the togetherness of 2 years. But after the college got over, suddenly we separated without any lasting tears in our eyes. This picture became a symbol for me for my college, rather hostel life. A glance at it brought all the memories back - the first sunday we went out together, the first time we spent all night discussing movies, the nights when 6 gals slept on 2 beds, but without complaints, the way sowshee and vinu used to feed everyone, the way we used to crack jokes to bring Sudi back to normal, late night talks in a secluded room simply about everyone in hostel, planning future (no one knew a day like this would come, things have drastically changed beyond anyone's imagination) and many more such incidents. I don't regret the shackles we were forced in, it only brought the hands together. 

May be in coming posts, we can talk about all that.. But for now, I want to sleep with those good memories in  thoughts :) Good Night...

Love, 
Raji

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm .. Wonderful journey ... Im moved by the way u said Raji..Life has many twists and turns ..Here we are today .. let wait and see what is in store for all in future through this blog..( I guess the inauguration part is over ). lets keep ourselves busy blogging ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. love u gals .......good job ......kunchum busy ....even i will start :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Vinu : Very Happy to see u in our Blogland. NO Problem VINU .. We know u are very busy in yo marriage work.. This blog is to stay connected with friends.. So Welcome once Again..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vinu - I m shocked to see you here.. but welcome!! good to see you here..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey gals, I went back to our coleege days. specially our hostel life.
    I appreciate this idea of blogging.I wish 6 of us will keep connected this way.

    @RAJI: By the way I'm back to hyd. So 3 of us are in hyd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. UP - very nice to hear from u... u re welcome to share your thoughts here... let me know if u ever want to write...

    ReplyDelete